Saturday, February 26, 2011

Intro to Us

So here I am, yet again trying to join the 21st century and start blogging. We'll see how it goes. I figure since this is my first post, I would write a little bit about our story.

So Chris and I have been married for a year and one month. We were married Dec. 31, 2009 during a snow storm! It was the most amazing day of my life. We dated for about six and a half months before he proposed and we were married five weeks later! We have a dog named Mia, and two cats named Nigel and Lilly. We are in the midst of trying to finish up school, but it seems like everytime we get close somehow classes get added. But it'll all be worth it in the end!

On top of being full time students, we just found out on Dec. 21, 2010 that we were expecting our first child!!! YAY! What an amazing Christmas present for us. We had been trying but hadn't had any luck getting pregnant and it kind of caught us by suprise actually when we did get pregnant, only because we had decided to give it one more go and if we didn't get pregnant that time around, we would wait for the summer again so I wouldn't be having a baby during the school year and have to leave school and what not.

So far everything is going great with our baby. (S)he is exactly on track and is strong and healthy from what the doctor has told us. We were able to hear the heartbeat last friday for the first time! I made a 10 second video of it and I just sit here and listen to it over and over again, mezmorized by the sound of our baby's heart. It still seems weird to me that I'm pregnant. I don't feel pregnant, I just feel very very sick all the time. It's been pretty frustrating for me to be so sick, but I guess it's part of being pregnant and the end result is going to be AMAZING!!!!! I can't wait!

Chris and I have decided that we're not going to find out the gender of the baby and make it a surprise for everyone!! It just seems like it would make it that much mor exciting!!! At least I hope it does. The only problem is that today we went Babiesrus to work on the registry and I saw the cutest baby girl hat and dress and a purse that matched...oh man! It's going to be wicked tough not knowing the gender but seeing all these wicked cute clothes. Chris got me a heartbeat monitor so we could listen to our baby anytime we wanted. Now we don't have to wait 4 weeks, but I think the baby is still too small because so far I can't hear anything with it. I'll try again tmw and see if I can hear anything.

So, that's us in a nut shell. Just an average American newly wed family starting our life together, excited for this new little life we've been blessed with and looking forward to all s/he will bring to us!

3 comments:

  1. don't think I posted my first comment but what I first said was that your blog is starting to look good! Can't wait to read all your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging :) I only blog like two or three times a year, but it is nice to keep up on what's happening in friend's lives :) I hope things keep going well with you and your pregnancy, and I hope you get feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay...I am glad you joined the blog world! i LOVE IT!! To answer your message on fb i use memory mixer (it is a digital scrapbook program) I know google has a free program called picasa that you can do fun things with. There is a lot of free digital scrapbook stuff online..you just have to watch for it. Also if you see the link on my blog called "summertime designs" she has a lot of free kits you have to download to your computer. I can't wait to see more updates!

    ReplyDelete